Obviously, I’ve become a terrible blogger. I’m not one to declare New Year’s Resolutions, but one of my goals in this new year/decade is to get back into the groove of writing regularly, hopefully on my own blog as well as some others that are equally or more neglected. It seems counter-intuitive to be writing when I have so much else to be doing, but I hope that clearing my mind of small tidbits will help me to focus better on the big picture(s)… or that the very act of blogging will remind me of the work I should be doing instead.
Also on the books for this year:
- losing 20 pounds (see below)
- getting married
- going to China with Adrian
- the quarter century mark
- teaching, teaching, and more teaching
- going back to being full-time at Eastman
- more high-level performances as a collaborative pianist
- a new piano (the Yamaha AvantGrand N3)
- a pile of freelance web gigs
It goes on, you know, like everybody’s list of “things to do this year” goes on. Anyway, this post is long enough – my plan is for more frequent, more concise posts. For now, it’s back to work I go!